Harvard University’s Radcliffe Institute is a hotbed of activity connecting academic disciplines and the arts. In creating a signature video for the Institute we decided to highlight several stories that illustrate themes across the Institute’s programs:
• INSPIRING: MIT Professor and Radcliffe fellow Kristala Jones Prather uses her year at Radcliffe to think about how her microbe engineering work can impact the world beyond the lab.
• MENTORING: Harvard Government Professor Daniel Ziblatt works with his Radcliffe Research Partner Christine Legros to finish his book on the rise of democracy in Europe.
• CONNECTING: A dynamic symposium on DNA brings together biologists, chemists, anthropologists, criminal justice researchers, and ethicists.
• ILLUMINATING: The Bill Baird Collection at the Schlesinger Library highlights documents and objects in a remarkable player in the reproductive rights movement.
• ENGAGING: Japanese collective TeamLab launch a beautiful interactive exhibit in Radcliffe’s Johnson-Kulukundis Family Gallery.